It’s that time again! Head to the Old Village tonight, September 17th to shop, sip, and stroll through another Pitt Street Stroll! This month, our team is excited to offer:
- A Special Balloon Sale: the first 50 customers in the door will receive a balloon with an exclusive discount inside!
- Ooh! Beautiful refreshers and demonstrations with EiR Surf & Skincare
- A live painting demonstration with local artist Carolina Jewett
- Cocktail sampling featuring locally-produced O&O Hooch
- Cooking Carolina’s delicious Pit Bar-B-Q and more for sale
- Special treats from the Pitt Street Pharmacy and Pure Fluff organic cotton candy!
The fun takes place from 5pm until 8pm. We can’t wait to see you!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year (until the holidays, of course!) College football kicks off this Thursday, September 3rd, ushering in another season of friendly rivalry, tailgate celebrations, and living in your team’s colors. The shops on Pitt Street have all you need for a tailgating touchdown, like:
- Team-Colored Outfits: Wherever your allegiance lies, we’ve got pieces perfect for cheering on your team – stylish, comfortable, and just the right amount of team spirit! Start shopping here.
- South-Life Glasses, Koozies, and Flasks: No solo cups here! Sip in style with South-Life’s shotgun shell drinkware. Browse our collection here.
- Aromaflage Essential Oil Bug Repellent: Repel pesky insects the natural way with Ooh! Beautiful’s Aromaflage fragrances.
- Team-Colored Tailgate Decor: Colored paper straws, turkish towels, and more – make sure your setup is just as stylish as you are!
- Cool Cocktails: O&O Hooch is a tailgate essential! Mix with your favorite Southern vodka, or sip alone.
For even more tailgating tips, tune into tomorrow’s Lowcountry Live segment, where our resident style experts Lisa Thomas and Jill Bowman will share their advice for the perfect set up. The show airs at 10amEST on ABC New 4.
It’s that time of year when the kids pack up their backpacks and head back to school. Love it or hate it – it’s an exciting time of the year! We’re celebrating at this month’s Pitt Street Stroll. From pet adoptions to King of Pops popsicles, huge sales at Out of Hand to local farm produce delivery sign ups – there’s something for everyone at Thursday’s event! Expect:
- Huge end of season sales at Out of Hand, SOUTH, and Ooh! Beautiful with items 50-75% off
- Complementary makeup refreshers by premium makeup brand Jane Iredale‘s premier makeup artist, Deana Martin
- A Pet Helpers adoption event
- King of Pops – Charleston‘s latest popsicle flavors
- Sign ups for Joseph Fields FARM CSA, offering fresh organic veggies delivered right to your door
Shop, sip, and stroll in the Old Village this Thursday, August 20th from 5pm to 8pm. And, relive some of our previous strolls below!
Rejoice! You’re favorite Pitt Street shop items are now online! From Out of Hand to Ooh! Beautiful – and even, Out of the Garden, too, you can now browse and buy from the comfort and convenience of your own home. We offer affordable, flat-rate shipping, and take all major credit cards. Plus, when you order, we’ll loop you into our periodic emails, so you’re up to date with all that’s going on in the Art of Creating’s world.
So, sit back, and shop! What will you order first?
Hailing from the west coast, we just love Groceries Apparel’s take on design and use of recycled and organic textiles. And their company mantra is one we can get down with. They measure their success by the good-paying jobs they’re able to offer, and the amount of green textiles they order.
As written in their manifesto, “Groceries Apparel exists to create a demand for fashion using only localized manufacturing and recycled/organic textiles. We manufacture garments in our own California factory, trace our fabrics to the farm and follow the human being across the supply chain to make sure that everyone is treated fairly. Our operations improve the lives of our entire supply chain, our customers and the environment. We are confident that our model and values are the future of apparel manufacturing and we would rather go out of business than compromise.”
Beyond their values, they create quality products that feel as good as they look! We have a selection of Groceries Apparel on Pitt Street, including this anything-but-simple white t-shirt. Our style experts at can show you just how versatile these pieces can be – and explain why they’re the perfect staple for your summer wardrobe! Make sure to ask about Groceries apparel the next time you’re at Out of Hand.
Ooh! Events, Charleston Grit, and Cannon Green are teaming up on a fun new venture! In a city full of weddings (we know a thing or two about those..) that also happens to be the top U.S. wedding destination, we thought it would be interesting to see real Charlestonian weddings from another perspective: yours! To the crafty, Pinterest-y, and smart: we know you’re out there! We’re looking for people who have taken DIY weddings to the next level, whether by making your own floral arrangements, crafting your own guest gifts, or sewing your own dress! Be creative, and show us your work! Ooh! Did I mention you can win a second honey moon? Find full contest details below – and check out some of our DIY projects to get inspired!
At the Ooh! Events design center we like to think we get pretty crafty. Here are some examples of our own handy work! (Vintage free-standing doors + Floral; Hand-embroidered Napkins; Lace table runners; Baby’s breath cross; Glowing heart backdrop; Bullseye wood-cut table decor)
A wedding is the perfect backdrop for all things DIY! Show us how you personalized your wedding day—food, flowers, gifts, decorations, wardrobe—we want to see it all!
- Submissions are open to the public May 20–June 20, 2015. A panel of judges will choose 10 finalists, and Grit users will vote for the winner, who will receive a romantic second honeymoon—a three-day, two-night stay at the Princess Anne Hotel in Asheville, NC, valued at over $500!
- If you live in the Charleston Tri-County area or had your wedding in the Tri-County area, you are eligible to participate.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY: June 20th 2015 at 9am EST.
- One grand prize consisting of a three-day, two-night stay for two (2) adults at the Princess Anne Hotel in Asheville, NC. (Transportation, meals, and other expenses not provided. Hotel stay subject to date restrictions and availability.)
- The chance to participate in a photo shoot (located at Cannon Green and styled by Ooh! Events) inspired by your DIY wedding.
- Prize must be redeemed for travel within one year from the promotion end date (July 21, 2015 – July 21, 2016) and is not transferable or redeemable for cash. No extension will be given after the prize has expired. If the prize is not redeemed, the prize is void.
- Prizewinner and Guest must be 21 years of age or older.
Out of Hand‘s resident style expert, Jill Bowman, appeared on Lowcountry Live this morning to share our picks for Father’s Day gifts. The holiday, which falls on Sunday, June 21st this year, will be here before you know it! We’re giving you a head start on gift shopping with a giveaway of all of the Father’s Day items from SOUTH and Out of Hand featured on this morning’s segment, including:
Entering could not be easier! Simply fill in the form below. Make sure you follow The Art of Creating on Facebook, where we’ll announce the lucky winners on June 15, prizes to be collected at June’s Pitt Street Stroll!
Our monthly Pitt Street Stroll (a regular third Thursday occurrence!) takes place this Thursday, May 21, from 5pm to 8pm. We are bursting with excitement about this month’s stroll offerings! And – 10% of all stroll sales benefit Louie’s Kids summer camp programs. Started by our dear friend and team member Louis Yuhasz, Louie’s Kids is a local nonprofit whose mission is to battle childhood obesity through family-oriented and personalized initiatives in the Lowcountry. Read on for more details – and mark your calendar for an unforgettable evening in the Old Village.
- Louie’s Kids fundraiser: Shoppers who make a donation of $10 or more will receive an air plant from Out of the Garden, and FREE ice cream sandwiches from Pitt Street Pharmacy
- Food and Drink: Complimentary wine tasting from Bottles, including a red (Vieilles Vignes, SABLET, Côtes du Rhône), white (Domaine La Grangette, Picpoul de Pinet), and Rosé (Bieler Père & Fils, Citeaux D’Aix en Provence); food for purchase from Coastal Crust
- DIY Body Scrub Station: Free for first 30 attendees
- Local Artist Spotlight – Elizabeth Middour: Meet this Old Village resident and painter, and peruse her gorgeous work!
- Kjaer Weis Launch: Enjoy complimentary consultations and make up refreshers using our newest Ooh! Beautiful luxury makeup line, Kjaer Weis.
- Giveaways, galore: Make up parties, boots, oh my! Attendees will have a chance to win great prizes from Ooh! Beautiful and Out of Hand.
See you at 113 Pitt Street, Mount Pleasant this Thursday evening! Interested in even more information? Click here.
We are excited to launch our newest luxury organic beauty line, Kjaer Weis, at our next Pitt Street Stroll on May 21st. Developed by a Danish makeup artist, and beautifully crafted in Italy, the certified organic line of products are made with wildflowers, minerals and plants specifically chosen for their color, scent, and affinity with skin. Doesn’t that just sound beautiful?
Kjaer Weis has an editorial, but approachable feel – each product is thoughtfully packaged in compact containers that just feel good to touch! After initially purchasing any item in the line, refills are available.
The line – which includes foundation (try the killer cream version!), blush, eyeshadow, and more – works together to create a natural satin dewy look. And, they’re a pure, clean luxury – no more worrying about what you’re putting on your face everyday! Your skin will thank you.
Try Kjaer Weis out at our next Pitt Street Stroll. Our expert makeup artists will offer complementary makeup touch-ups exclusively with Kjaer Weis products. Plus, you can enter to win a beauty party with three of your friends!
The giveaways don’t stop there! Out of Hand will raffle a
beautiful GORGEOUS pair of Old Gringo boots!
The moral of the story: mark your calendars for March 21st. May’s Pitt Street Stroll is something you don’t want to miss!
It’s hard to believe that it’s already May – and that Mother’s Day is this weekend! Where would we be without our mamas? To celebrate these women – who truly have the hardest job on the planet – we’ve put together an awesome giveaway to coincide with our monthly Lowcountry Live appearance.
We’ll choose four lucky winners, one for each prize, and announce them on Friday, May 8 during Lisa’s next appearance on Lowcountry Live. Tune in, fingers crossed, you could be the lucky winner!
Entering couldn’t be easier – just fill out the form below (and follow @lowcountrylive and @shopoutofhand on Instagram for a better chance to win!)